2 Hours Dual CLE & 1 Hour General CME, 1 Hour Mediation Ethics
Communication skills are at the heart of everything we do each day, whether at home, at work, or at play. Meaningful listening encompasses the best of communication, including listening to what others are saying, processing the information, and responding to it in order to clarify and elicit more information. This course will help you develop and practice your meaningful listening skills.
- Define meaningful listening and its key components
- Identify ways to become a better listener
- Use body language to reflect a positive listening attitude
- Understand the difference between sympathy and empathy, and when each is appropriate
- Create a listening mindset using framing, positive intent, and focus
- Be genuine in your communications
- Understand the communication process
- Ask questions, probe for information, and use paraphrasing techniques
- Build relationships to create an authentic communication experience
- Identify common listening problems and solutions
Dr. Clay Phillips is a mediator, mediation and Soft Skills trainer with more than 20 years of experience helping others resolve the most difficult and complex conflict and disputes in their lives.
As a mediator he has
mediating hundreds of civil disputes and lawsuits including employment, personal injury, product liability, wrongful death, medical/dental malpractice, residential mortgage foreclosure, and highly
contentious divorce and post-divorce disputes with great success. He is a Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 31 Listed General Civil & Family Mediator
(Specially Trained in Domestic Violence Issues), as well as a Florida Supreme Court Certified Family, Circuit Civil & Appellate Mediator (#37581 FRA). Clay is also a Registered Mortgage Modification Mediator for the Florida Northern District US Bankruptcy Court.
As a trainer and coach, Clay believes in people... he believes in the good nature of people
and that we each have an innate desire to learn and improve our lives and the lives of those closest to us. He has trained more than 1,000 mediators
(for certification), and has provided immersive Soft Skills training workshops to several thousands of individuals in the private sector.
His more than 130 training programs, workshops, seminars, and online courses have improved the personal and professional lives of thousands in the legal, mental health, Human Resources professions and communities
Prior to his present career, Clay served on Active Duty for six (6) years as an operator in the US Navy Cryptologic Direct Support Element.
"I hope you find the information presented in my courses to be beneficial to you personally, and professionally." Dr. Clay Phillips